A BPI Home Energy Assessment can take about 4 hours.
We understand that this can seem quite intrusive, and we try to make it as simple as possible.
To keep the process as short as possible, we have compiled a list of things that you, the home owner, can do to shorten the time that we need to be in your home:
- Please clear any items that might be around your furnace and water heater, as we will need to look at them and read the manufacturer's tag.
- Please clear any items and move any furniture that you might have in front of and around heating and air supply and return vents.
- Clear Attic Access area so that we can inspect the type and amount of insulation.
- If you have an unfinished crawl space or basement area, we will need clear access to these areas.
- If you have a wood-burning fireplace, please make sure that it is clear of ash and that the damper is closed.
- We are animal friendly and don't mind if you have pets around. But please be advised that we will need to open and close interior as well as exterior doors during the assessment process and they can get loose.
As always, ask questions if there is something you feel we have not explained or you are unsure of.